Review - Lunch at Flaming Kitchen (Markham, Ontario)

12:53:00 PM

It has been a while since I posted on my blog about actual restaurant reviews.  I have been eating well but busier with life. For this lunch adventure, I found this new restaurant in First Markham Place in the previous spot of the old V2 noodle restaurant. There was a heavy amount of Instagram sponsorship visits for this place. I grab my foodie mate and off we went for lunch.

Atmosphere:
The decor inside was like black and white. The dynamics of the staff and kitchen was similar to what I found at Papa Chang with the kitchen and cashier hidden in the kitchen area. Overall, the decor was very cold (not warm and inviting).

Service:
The service was pretty bad. The servers were no where to be found. Many times, I had to go up to the kitchen staff to request for menus, drinks and the bill. The restaurant wasn't even that busy or big ...

Food:
The theme of this restaurant was focus on sizzling plate items using Asian theme dishes. Pricing for these dishes ranged from $12 CAD and up. We got some popcorn chicken as a starter ($7). This dish tasted good for popcorn chicken. If they screwed up, it would have a been a bad sign to come...

For my main dish, I ordered the Black Curry Pork Cutlet Rice ($12 CAD). First impression from looks, the dish looked presentable. I don't like how the cutlet was just soaking in sauce. I preferred it just crispy. In regards to taste, I liked the dish but didn't feel this was amazing especially for this price point. If I wanted some good cutlet, Katsuya would still be my reference point.

Verdict:
Was the food good? It was just a little above average. Would I come back? Probably given the price point - I could find some awesome tasting foods in other restaurants in First Markham Place with cheaper pricing. I don't expect this restaurant to last too long. 

Reviewer: Eating With Gordon
Visit Date:  June 2017
Food Rating: 3.5/5
Service Rating: 2/5

Food Photos:





Non-Food Photos:






Name:Flaming Kitchen
Price Range:$$$
Cuisine:Chinese food with sizzling plates
Address:3235 Hwy 7, Markham, ON L3R 3P9
Phone:(905) 6044880
Menu URL:
Website:        
Hours:














Map:


Flaming Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Google+ Followers